HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/9/14

Instead of Going There: Go to Prayer...Monday

2/10/14

Only half-awake I began to think about a few what -if's. I had been taking a needed rest (read that as a Sunday afternoon nap!) and as I became more awake a swirl of what if's were busy dancing in my head and imagination.

I began to entertain thoughts of how things might have been different if ______ hadn't happened, or if __________ had occurred. Then I sensed the Holy Spirit saying 'stop' you don't know what would have happened, you are only guessing.

How true! It is a bad habit of mine, to play the if only game, as if everything in life only has two outcomes. Go to school, get a good job. Don't go to school, work harder for less. But those are generalizations not the rule of life.

How grateful I am for the Holy Spirit's interruption. The truth is, only God knows the beginning to the end. When something happens, or doesn't happen, and it is a negative, I can't even guess at all that God has planned.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me to stop going there, and instead to take my thoughts to prayer. For I know that You see and understand all that I am going through and all that concerns me. Thank You for lovingly leading me back onto the path of Your Truth. In Jesus name, amen.

Click here to enjoy Aaron Shust performing "My Savior, My God:


  Written by Mary M. Wilkins

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It made me think about the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life," when Clarence (the angel) shows what life would have been like if the main character (drawing a blank on names) had not lived. We never know the ripple effect of the events of our lives, and the choices we make...or at least we won't until heaven. Thank God, He has a good plan for us, and even when we make poor choices He takes the bad, the "what if's" and "if only's" and makes it something good. Thanks for that reminder Mary, because I am a master ruminator. :) ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great subject, and one I was just discussing with a friend. The movie I thought of was 17 Again. In the end, the main character realized that the life he had was the life he really wanted and needed.

    Thank you for reminding us that we don't need to go back in time, we can look forward to what God will have for us next!

    ReplyDelete