HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/13/14

Love...Friday

              
2/14/14



It is the “love” day….the day we are to show our sweetheart how much we love them.  Honestly, I have never much cared for Valentine’s Day.  I always had fun getting chocolates and a little something for my boys when they were young.  That part of it I loved!  On the other hand I have always thought that the day created more unhappiness to too many people, and that really was too bad.  The downfall was that this day caused expectations from one person in a relationship and puts stress on the other person to live up to those expectations.  Of course, it also has become so commercialized that there becomes this big responsibility to boost the economy with overspending for needless things. 




Well, this year my outlook is much healthier.  The most magnificent love of all!  The love that will never disappoint, never fail and will always live up to all of our expectations.  God’s love is with us at every moment of every day.  He has given His son in order that we will live our lives with love, the only true love of this earth and heaven above.



John 3:16


New American Standard Bible (NASB)

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.


We have His love eternally!  No matter how I fail in my eyes or the eyes of other humans that walk along this earth with me, the Father always loves me and you and all of us.  We struggle, fall, get back up, have ups and downs of emotions, we are hurt, we get illnesses, we don’t understand the challenges we are faced with, but we are always loved, and He has a purpose for every moment of our lives.  Nothing can keep us from His love for us.


Romans 8:38-39


New International Version (NIV)

 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,  
neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, 
nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us 
from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



I have recently realized that one of the challenges in this life that I have struggled with quite often really has a very easy solution.  Love one another.  Yes, that can be difficult when other humans don’t agree with my thinking or someone has hurt me with words or disappointments.  However, when I stop in the moment and love this person with the love of God, my heart lightens, my head doesn’t hurt, and when I pray for this individual to see the same love that I have seen, my face is smiling along with my heart.

1 Peter 4:8


New International Version (NIV)

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.



The remainder of my time on earth I plan to be eternally grateful for the love of our God.  The one and only Lord of this great planet, that loves all of us equally and at the same time knows us all individually.  I am also going to share His love with all that I cross paths with, whether it is through a conversation, an email, a card or a letter, or perhaps, just a smile on my face to show that person that I love them with the love of our amazing and beautiful God.  With my happy heart of God every day is Valentine’s Day!  Amen.



Psalm 136:26


New International Version (NIV)

Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever.


 Written by
Kelly Dobyns


And Here is a song for today..."Your Love Never Fails" by  Jesus Culture



No comments:

Post a Comment