HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/23/14

That Wee Voice in the Back of My Head...Monday

Sometimes when I am wondering what God's plan is for me, and I am wrestling with trusting Him, a small voice that seems to come from the back of my head, reminds me that I haven't been faithful and diligent in everything I know to be true and in everything I know to do (and not do). Therefore, I start to wonder why would God be answering my prayers and watching over me?

After all, I am accountable only for what I know; but I do know the importance of going to church, studying His Word, praying at all times, listening for His Voice, seeking His direction, serving others, taking care of orphans and widows, speaking up for the oppressed, loving others, etc.

My first response to this type of thought, is what could I be "doing better"? I know I can't be perfect, since only Christ was perfect and He was God in the flesh (see Hebrews 4:15). If I could be perfect, I know I would quickly become proud, and start to pat myself on the back, and take credit for this awesome life I was living - instead of acknowledging that it was Christ in me, living through me (see verse Ephesians 2:8-9).

Then Romans 8:31 rushes to the forefront of my mind. I don't have the whole scripture perfectly memorized, but this part I know "Nothing can separate me from the Love of God."

Now that my mind has started to settle down with this reassurance, Jeremiah 29:11(Amplified) gentle washes over my heart:

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord,
thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil,
 to give you hope in your final outcome.

I open my bible to one of the many scraps of papers I am using as a book mark, and this passage jumps off the page to me:
So let God work his will in you.
Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper.
Say a quiet yes to God and he’ll be there in no time.
Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life.
Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out.
The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious.
Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet.
James 4:7-10, The Message

Dear Lord, thank You for gently drawing me back to Your truth, for lovingly scooping me up and out of the pit where I have fallen. Thank You Lord that You do not change and that Your mercy is new every morning. In Jesus name, amen.

"Who Am I" performed by Casting Crowns: reminds us we belong to Him:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcqria2wmg&list=RDK-0EgzOWkvc&feature=share&index=4

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment