HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/23/11

Apologize

I recently heard a song that my nephew played for me on his I-Pod…it is a current popular song and the title is “Apologize”.  The lyrics go on to say over and over throughout the song:


“It’s too late to apologize, it’s too late.  I said it’s too late to apologize, it’s too late, I said it’s too late to apologize, yeah yeah I said it’s too late to apologize, a yeah”

My heart wrenched within me because I recently had to apologize to someone that I love very much, and when I heard the words to that song my heart dropped as I felt my eyes tear up and a chocking heart ach feeling began to grasp  my throat.  After I had my emotional break down…I began to think about what the Bible says about Apologizing and what it really means.

Isn’t that what we do when we come to God…we apologize (repent of our sins).  What does the scripture tell us? 




In 1st John 1:9 the Bible declares:
 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us
from all unrighteousness
. 

Another scripture that came to mind is found in Matthew 5:24 regarding the reality of having ought against your brother or your brother against you.  Verse 24 says:

 “Leave there thy gift at the alter, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift”.

One more thought provoking passage in Matthew 18: 21-22 says it like this: 

 
“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee,
Until seven times; but, until seventy times seven.

With that still lingering ….I regrouped my thoughts and told myself “That’s just a man made song”, and it’s not too late to apologize when I need to, and Lord willing, my brother/sister WILL forgive me.


Glenna Williamson

1 comment:

  1. Hi Glenna

    I am glad you wrote this and I may post it on the Young Womens Blog as well. It is scary how these bizarre beliefs and such are found in music. Such words give a false impression about what is possible that stays with our young people into adulthood. It is NEVER too late to apologize.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete