HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/8/11

A Baby Step


Today I chose to stop and pray every time I went to put a bite of food in my mouth. Don’t laugh when I tell you I did a lot of praying today! A few months ago I started reading “Made to Crave” by Lysa Terkeurst. I put it aside after the first few pages of introduction saying to myself, eh, I’ll read it later (code for: I don’t want to deal with this now).

Last night and then this morning I read through the first four chapters. They are quick to read because the author does a great job of getting straight to the point. I have long known I have an eating issue and have often cried out to God asking Him to take my issue from me. Today I chose to choose God over the preference and habit of my flesh. I would eat when I was hungry but until then I would pray instead.

I know I cannot walk this alone. I am not strong enough to fight this battle of the desire of my flesh with my own flesh. It would be like asking a fox to guard the henhouse! Lysa recommends finding some friends to take this journey with you, emphasizing the importance of support and accountability. I asked a friend who has been working on her own eating issues to please feel free to ask me about what I have eaten and how I am doing on any given day. She has already gone down this road for the last few months and she quickly agreed.

In the 1991, very funny film, “What about Bob?” Bill Murray’s pathetic character strives to overcome an over abundance of fears by taking baby step after baby step. Today was a baby step for me.

With strength from God, the encouragement and insight from Lysa’s book, and a friend for support I am excited and hopeful that He will deliver me from the desires of my flesh as I choose Him moment by moment.


1 John 2:15-16

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world,
the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world-
the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting
of what he has and does - comes not from the Father
but from the world.


Written by Mary M. Wilkins




No comments:

Post a Comment