HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/25/11

CALL ME

There was a case in the news recently where a woman called her ex-boyfriend 65,000 times in one year! She was arrested for stalking, but insisted they had a relationship and that number of calls was not excessive. If she really did have a relationship with him, would that many calls be excessive even then? Should she expect him to answer all those calls? Sounds like it would be quite aggravating to say the least.

But what about God? Does he get tired of us calling on him, our constant badgering, asking him for things, demanding his attention?


Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God.
 Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me
and hear my prayer.
Psalm 4:1 NIV


We have a special relationship with God, closer than any other. Does He think 65,000 prayers from one person in one year would be excessive? I think not! He wants us to turn to him throughout the day, with every concern on our heart. 65,000 x 7 would not be too many!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 NIV

Let us always remember that God is there for us, every minute of every day... and night!

written by Jan Andersen


No comments:

Post a Comment