HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/11/11

TERROR

devotional for Sunday 9/11/11

TERROR

On the 10th anniversary of the 9/11/01 attack: the terror of that day was far-reaching; now that the "dust has settled" let us never forget who was in charge that day... may we always remember that those who attacked us are not greater than our God...

Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God. Deuteronomy 7:21 NIV

... and that God will give us the victory in our battles:

When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God... will be with you... Today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not panic or be terrified by them. For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. Deuteronomy 20:1-4 NIV


Our battles may be with other nations, or with a particular sect of people, or with individuals, or even within ourselves because of Satan. We must be most careful of Satan, for he is the great deceiver, who will turn us against ourselves. We must remember that Muslims did not attack us on 9/11/01; extremist terrorists with twisted minds did. We must not let Satan make us fearful. Our prayers go out for those who suffered losses that day and those who are still suffering because of it. But we also pray for protection from harm for each of us in our day to day lives. A special prayer goes out for those on earth who protect us, who are serving our country. No matter who the enemy is, our God is with us and is greater than any of them. Even those Christians who lost their earthly lives did not lose the ultimate battle. God is our shield and protector and our salvation.

I love you, LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3 NIV


May we go about our days, alert to danger yet not afraid. No one can take salvation away from us! Amen!


written by Jan Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment