HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/21/13

Devotional for 4/22/13

Too Busy To Grow?

Have you ever had a weekend that was so busy you were looking forward to catching your breath at work on Monday? Does it seem like almost every weekend is that hectic? I try to do things I enjoy on my days off, but the schedule fills up so quickly it doesn't seem as if there is actually a day off.

Yesterday I had 30 minutes before I needed to leave for yet another weekend commitment. I quickly changed into some work clothes and headed into our small suburban back yard to weed a garden box. Well, I didn't finish. So all my cute 2 inch seedlings must remain in the small half inch spots in the starter tray. But I know if I want to enjoy tomatoes in the late summer I must prepare the garden and get the plants in the ground now.

A little later I noticed how bright and shiny my indoor houseplants are looking. Well, I said to myself, at least those are doing well. They are doing well because they are already planted in good soil, are situated to receive some sunshine every day, and are watered regularly.

A thought popped into my head that I can be like that beautiful plant. All I need is to spend some time reading the Bible every day. If I do that, I can receive some sunshine (God's encouragement), keep my soil good (His truth keeping me humble and grateful), and drink some water (His word waters my soul). Then I will be equipped to be the lovely, kind, patient, and compassionate woman He has called all believers to be (see Colossians 3:12).

Rather, you must grow in the grace
and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
 2 Peter 3:18

Dear Lord, there is so much in Your Word that we can never be done studying it. Thank You for leading us into Your truth and for giving us and wisodm and understanding. I pray that as each one of us reads even one verse that You will give us hearts to understand what You are saying to us. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins



2 comments:

  1. Good morning...

    I love how you work out your analogies to make a point in having a spiritual life and to paint God into your day. Water and good soil of a Godly type is what we need.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel as if there is not enough time in a day or in a weekend! I have to make a commitment to be with God daily, and make it a priority. Thank you for your insights!

    ReplyDelete