HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/17/13

Thursday Devotional....Our Value to God Shows Us…


                                                ...Who we are to Him

Our writers are going on a retreat on the last weekend of April. The theme is "Our Value to God.” There are many scripture verses that address this topic. The two scriptures in this devotional are not included in this list of scriptures. However, these two scriptures seem to give the most evidence of who we are to God.

But God demonstrates
 his own lovefor us in this: 
While we were still sinners,
Christ died for us.
Romans 5:24
We are so very important to God that He was willing to sacrifice the life of His Son, Jesus. He did not insist that we prove ourselves by acts of our paltry human power. Even though we are who and what we are God values us so much. We are His children…His creation. He knows that we cannot earn salvation, but He wants to offer us eternal life in spite of our shortcomings. How amazing is that. He was willing to die for us while we were still sinners. He did not hold off for some human miracle by which we could make ourselves worthy by our own strength.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In evidence for this topic there is also the following scripture…

“I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message
and believe in God who sent me have eternal life.
They will never be condemned for their sins,
but they have already passed from death into life.

John 5:24


This tells us that even though we have sinned we will not be judged because of our sin. If we believe in God we will have life eternally with Him, because we have already passed from death into life. I am blessed by this, because it tells me that I no longer am under the condemnation of my sin. I do believe that it calls a certain striving from me to live a life that shows good will and love of God. However, if in my human weakness I stumble He has already forgiven me for my shortcomings.

THANK YOU GOD!

Written by 

Corinne Mustafa

No comments:

Post a Comment