HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/28/13

Devotional for 4/29/13

Salvaging the Situation

When I find myself in an uncomfortable situation I try to figure out what I can do to fix it. Sometimes it's clear what I need to do, like apologizing for my judgemental words or thoughtless behaviour. Then there have been times when I took a mistep, made a mistake, did something wrong. Instead of turning completely around and running into God's tender loving arms for help and security I freeze. Looking at the mess I am in is sometimes the moment where I truly recognize how far off track I have gotten. Then in my guilt and shame I begin to study and consider the circumstances to see if I can somehow 'salvage' the situation. Do you know what I mean? I want to see if I can somehow make it better than it is.

A bible teacher recently encouraged us to remember that God is our safe place. When we are busy living our lives in the world and we discover that anything at all has gone wrong, we can choose to immediately go to Him. We can go to our safe place. While we are there we can ask God for strength, forgiveness, wisdom, restoration, and anything else we need.

In Isaiah 40, the prophet is giving the people of God this reminder:

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob insert my name here!
    or, whine, Israel (and here!), saying,
God has lost track of me.
He doesn’t care what happens to me”?
Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?
God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.
He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired,
they walk and don’t lag behind.
Isaiah 40:29-31 AMP

Dear Lord, thank You for being my safe place. No matter where I have been or what I have been doing, I can stop, turn around, and run back to You. Thank You for Your Unconditional love, grace, and Your mercy that is new every morning. Your faithfulness to us is so great! In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

1 comment:

  1. Mary!!! This is so true. When this happens to me I think that I have mightily messed up, and then I feel that it is my job to clean up after myself. So I jump in and try to fix it...oftentimes making the situation worse and causing myself more grief. Moat of the time the fodder for a devotional is filled with things we already know but somehow do not remember. This word is a good one to remember. At least if we go to God first we might know how to better handle and remedy what we need to do. On point as usual, Mary.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete