HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/9/13

Devotional for 4/9/13

The Start of Spring Cleaning

The sun is shining, the sky is blue, but the wind is blowing through every crack and crevice it can find. I enjoy days like this, I imagine that God has sent the wind to sweep off our streets and sidewalks of the dirt and debris of winter.

I wish cleaning out my heart was as simple as pointing a strong wind into every nook and cranny. I would just open a door to, let's say, past regrets, and "swoosh," the force would disintegrate them into dust particles that I would quickly gather with a Swiffer and then toss in the trash where they belong.

While reading a teaching about Paul, and his conversion on the road to Damascus, the author pointed out that when 'Saul' heard God's direction, he listened and obeyed, immediately. If you are anything like me, you might be thinking if the donkey you were riding started acting funny, and a bright light from heaven had scared everyone with you away, you would sit up and take notice of what God was saying, too.

What I really noticed about this story was that here was a man who was pursuing, jailing, and killing Christians (well, holding other peoples coats while they stoned a christian). Yet, after God revealed Himself to Saul (and gave Saul the new name of Paul) we don't hear Saul talking about how he wishes he hadn't persecuted all of those Christians.

I am sure Paul was sorry, but he didn't talk about the past, and keep it alive and well, by feeding it's memory. I am not saying you do that, I am saying I have to fight off mental reminders of those I have hurt and the things I have done that were wrong, and if I am not careful the regrets from my past overwhelm my heart and mind and I cannot see or think clearly.

Jesus said to him, No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back
 [to the things behind] is fit for the kingdom of God.
 Luke 9:62 AMP  
 
From now on, brothers and sisters, if anything is excellent and if anything is admirable, focus your thoughts on these things: all that is true, all that is holy, all that is just, all that is pure, all that is lovely, and all that is worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8 CEB

 
Dear Lord, thank You for Your gift of forgiveness. Please help me to let go of the past and forgive myself of what you have already forgiven. In Your Son's name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

Reference: Seven Things That Steal Your Joy by Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment