HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/18/14

CHRIST IN ME...Saturday

7/19/14


"I have been crucified
 with Christ 
and I no longer live, 
but Christ 
lives in me."
Galatians 2:20

     

      If you are a Christian, whatever happened to Christ happened to you.  What does this mean?

      Christ was crucified for our sins.  So our sins were nailed on the cross with Him.  He paid the penalty for all of them.  Christ was buried.  We were buried with Him in our baptism.  Our sinful natures are gone.  Christ was raised from the dead.  We have been raised from the dead through faith in Him.  Now we are clothed in the righteousness of Christ.
So in Christ, believers have a new nature.  We no longer are controlled by our sinful nature.  We do not need to fear the penalty for sins which have been forgiven.  We do not need to fear death as it is the gateway to eternal life.  As believers, living with Christ, our eternity with Him begins now and will go on forever.


Written by 
Carol Steficek

 

1 comment:

  1. I feel that this reading has enhanced my understanding of what it means to be crucified with Christ. There is a little less of me in it and more of Him. Still by this He has brought me even higher in my relationship with Him. And yet I live!!!

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete