HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/17/14

The Power of Jesus...Friday

7/18/14 

I find myself having a much happier heart and a smile on my face more often now that I let the power of Jesus control my emotions.  Yes, I get the negative thoughts with the current depression I am going through, as well as the instant irritability that comes along with this time of my life; however, I am not allowing them to control my life.


I love being able to hand over my problems to the Lord.  Being the silly human that I am, I must do that continually throughout all days, but, instead of getting upset with myself over having to repeat this task so many times, I revel in the joy of having to stop my thoughts and reroute them to the happy and serene place that God has provided for me.

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save
 he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love;
 he will exult over you with loud singing.

Proverbs 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, 
the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those 
who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.

The comfort and security that I receive when I go through these thoughts just amazes me.  I can be feeling so low and the light goes on telling me that there is no reason for me to feel that way.  I have been saved by the everlasting love of my Father.  He has done the ultimate for me and for all of you, as well.

John 3:16
 (ESV)
  “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, 
that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

When I turn my thoughts to Jesus and thank Him for being my hero, I know that whatever my current earthly problem is I will come out better on the other side and travel through it with a love and peacefulness. I know I would not have this without my Jesus by my side.  I have so many silly little issues right now that I have been not liking to deal with, but, I know that I can deal with them and the guidance I am receiving from God along the way is certainly making this season a happy one that is going to be the time of my life.  

Thank you, Jesus!!  I praise you!!

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns


2 comments:

  1. God keeps his promises and the power in the name of Jesus breaks chains. It is a very good practice to go to Him when we are overwhelmed by the challenges of life. This is where we will always find help.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging message. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved by what I believe. There is POWER in the name of Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete