HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/13/14

What We Don't Know....Monday

7/14/14

He looked at me with big brown eyes. It was a warm morning and it appeared as if he'd been in the heat for awhile. Crossing the street in front of my car he seemed to know where he was going and it took me a few moments to realize he was on his own. Rolling down my car window I called to him like I would my own dog, a sweet nothing that is meant to coax and reassure. Stopping he looked at me, with relief? or just natural interest?

pic of the day a dog crossing the street by nikola bGetting out of the car I kept talking to him and his head perked up as he headed towards me. A few pats on his head while I read his tag and I knew right where he belonged. I opened the passenger door and Angel the brindle-colored bull dog hopped right in. As I walked back to the driver's door he followed me into the driver's seat, laughingly I told him to get back, and he quickly and obediently went to the passenger seat and then the back seat as I drove around the block looking for his house number.

No one was home, so I tried the gate, Angel casually led me into his domain and picked up a ball. I took a quick walk around his territory looking for his escape hatch. The culprit was a second gate that had been left open. As I said goodbye to Angel and went about my day I thought about how the owner might never know the trouble they had been spared because God had put Angel in my path and I had tended to him. It reminded me of the verse about God knowing and caring when every bird dies and how much more He cares about His children:

What’s the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right?
And God cares what happens to it even more than you do.
He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail
—even numbering the hairs on your head!
 So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk.
 You’re worth more than a million canaries.
Matthew 28:29-31 MSG 
Dear Lord, thank You for all of the things You do for me that I am not even aware of. I praise You for all of the unknown blessings in my life. If I understood all that You have brought me through, the last thing I would worry about is "How am I going to make it?" I thank You Lord for what I do not know. In Jesus name, amen.
Written by 
Mary M. Wilkins
Amy Grant performing "Angels"

 

2 comments:

  1. I love it when a devotional takes an ordinary event in life and draws spiritual truths from that happening.This devotional is just that sort of writing. Thank you Mary!

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not often that a roaming pup would come to a stranger when called, but instead, chose to run in the opposite direction. I have always loved dogs and believe with my whole heart that they are a true Gift from God. Not only do they love unconditionally, but they are also really good judges of character when it comes to humans! Like humans, if they let their guard down enough, they can see what is good in us! In you, he saw a safe and loving heart reaching out to help him in any way you could. He knew that he could trust you, and that you would lead him to where he needed to go. All the things I have seen in you, so many times, in the many years I have known you! Thank you for sharing this and starting my week out with a smile. I love this story and I love you too Mary. XOXO T. Baker

    ReplyDelete