HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/10/14

Trust God...Friday

7/11/14 

On my drive into work today I spotted a bumper stick that stated very simply….”Trust God”.  How profound yet so very simple that little statement is.  It also reminded me that I used to live by the following saying, “Trust God and Do the Next Thing”.  I had that posted at my desk during those years.  Well, when I got to work, I wrote that on a post it and posted it on my wall at my desk where I can’t miss it daily and all the hours of each day!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
ESV

It makes so much sense to me, and when I live my life true to this statement, I have so much less worry and my days are so much more relaxed.  Yes, I must do my duties and still have the same struggles, but, living with the constant trust in my Lord above, I can be so much more content.  When my focus is on living my life as I need to with the current situation, and always moving forward with the hope and love that I have in my heart I know that I will be okay.  I truly do know that God loves me and has a plan for my life that we haven’t gotten to yet, and I know that I will make it there so much sooner, when I give Him the control back.  As I do the day to day tasks that need to be done, He will focus on getting me to see the light He has lit for me to live by.  The choice is mine….whether I get to that passionate and happy place He has for me…..I can live in sadness along the journey or I can TRUST my heavenly Father to hold my hand and get me there with joy in my heart as I travel the ho hum road.  I can also make the road much less ho hum with allowing myself to see all the things that I have to be grateful for along the drive.  I am gonna take the scenic route! 

For our heart is glad in him,
because we trust in his holy name.
Psalm 33:21 
ESV

Written by
Kelly Dobyns





1 comment:

  1. Our words mean everything in honoring God and in our sense of well being. We should always strive to let our words be what we hope things will be...not the disappointments that we sometimes experience. If there are times when we feel low and unhappy we should start with a praise of God for who He is and then share our issues with Him in our prayer time.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete