HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/19/14

CLOUDS... Sunday

Devotional for 7/20/14

Clouds in the sky can be devastating in certain circumstances and delightful at other times.  Sometimes they bring horrendous storms with floods, hail, lightening strikes causing fires and the like.  But clouds can also offer refuge from the blazing sun, respite from the heat of the day, or gentle rains renewing a parched earth.  They can also bring beauty to the sunrise or sunset, adding a palette of yellow, orange and red to the sky.  And under special circumstances, when clouds are only partially blanketing the sky, bringing rain in one area yet allowing the sun to break through at the same time in another, we can get a gorgeous rainbow, or even a double rainbow!

Clouds of life can be the same way.  Our life storms can often be overwhelming - things such as loss of a loved one, financial devastation, physical infirmities, mental anguish, addictions, etc.  During these tempests we might lose sight of God or even become angry with him.  However, these disturbances also can bring us closer to God in that we can remember to pray even more earnestly and trust and rely on his righteous hand to hold and to guide us.  Even if the storm does not subside, we can find the eye of the storm, a calm within the squall.  


Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.  See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you.  Isaiah 60:1-2 (NIV) 

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
Isaiah 41:10-11 (73 kb)
Dear Righteous Father in heaven, as the storms of life come my way, please hold me in your hand, making your loving presence known, protecting me and guiding me through to the other side.  Thank you for all the ways you have blessed me through these trials and help me to remember when the next storm rolls in, that you will again carry me through them.  In Jesus' name, Amen.  

written by Jan Andersen

1 comment:

  1. I have been through a storm of my own in the past couple of years. I am coming out into the sunshine now, but I have found what you have written to be true and then some, Jan. God is always holding us in his right hand even though at times it is hard to see Him in the circumstances. I cannot imagine any time in the clouds without His help.

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete